Code of Ethics
Reiki Education and Research Institute is a 501 (c) (3) non profit organization in Charlotte, North Carolina. Reiki Education, Inc.’s Board members, staff, volunteers share same values and is governed by the code of ethics:
- Always live up to the Reiki Principles:
Just for today, I will give thanks for my many blessings.
Just for today, I will not worry.
Just for today, I will not be angry.
Just for today, I will do my work honestly.
Just for today, I will be kind to my neighbor and every living thing.
- Always afford clients and students the utmost respect and consideration.
- Maintain total confidentiality with respect to clients/students records and personal information.
- Respect all Reiki modalities and schools of thought.
- Always keep the highest good of the clients or students foremost in our intentions and thoughts.
- Always teach respect for genital areas and breasts on women; teach the principle of hands off healing for those areas.
- Always demonstrate and promote respect for treatment by licensed healthcare professionals. Refer students or clients to them if appropriate and never diagnose or prescribe treatment or suggest alteration of a treatment plan from a licensed healthcare professional.
- In classes, always promote the principle of referring individuals to licensed healthcare professionals, when appropriate.
- Promote cooperation with other Reiki Professionals in the community.
- Make sincere effort to empower students to do self healing.
- Provide students with ongoing support after classes to insure their success in developing their personal growth with Reiki.