What is Reiki
©1997 International Association of Reiki Professionals
Reiki is a subtle and effective form of energy healing using spiritually guided life force energy. (Rei-ki) practiced in every country of the world and is being used in many settings including hospitals, hospices, as well as in private practices and in self-care. Reiki is a wonderful complementary modality in personal wellness or healing program.
Reiki is not
- Affiliated with any particular religion or religious practice
- Not new, it is thousands of years old (at least)
- A practice of transmitting healing energy through the hands
- Passed on through the attunement process
- The energy is not guided by the practitioner, but the energy has it’s own innate wisdom to guide itself.
- Reiki energy is not based on belief, faith or suggestion.
A Reiki session can help ease tension and stress, and can help support the body to facilitate healing on all levels- physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. A session is pleasant and relaxing and is often utilized for one’s own personal wellness, not just illness. A Reiki I class is a great gift to give to yourself.
How Reiki is done?
In a reiki session, the client lies down or sits comfortably, fully clothed. The practitioner uses light touch or places hands over specific energy centers of the body to channel the energy to the recipent. Recipient may feel warm, tingly, sleepy, refreshed or a deep state of relaxation.
Reiki sessions photos: